Best Espresso Coffee Bean Reviews and Ultimate Guide for 2019
Have you ever wondered about the secret ingredients of an awesome cup of espresso? And eventually, how you chose some for your own? If not, it’s high time you get into this.
If you think that the key behind a strong and delicious cup of espresso is the espresso maker, then you are wrong. Espresso makers can only process the beans you have provided. The quality of the beans is the actual thing behind the perfect cup of espresso. And for this very reason, we have come up with a review of the best espresso coffee bean. We took it upon ourselves to introduce some of the best quality espresso beans you can find in the market.
We do want to remind you, that the task wasn’t easy at all. Going through so many options was certainly a hassle for us. But in the end, we came up with some of the best espresso beans which have the potential to be the best for your taste.
Our Top 5 Best Espresso Coffee Beans Comparison Table
Getting the comparisons out of the way, let us get started with the review.
Coffee Bean Direct Italian Roast Espresso
The first product we want to showcase is the Coffee Bean Direct Italian Roast Espresso. These beans are probably one of the best products in the market at the moment. Clearly, the beans have something special about them. For this reason, we should probably take a look at the traits of the beans.
Features and Benefits
- First of all, the beans get through slow roasting, which certainly helps to bring out the flavors.
- In addition to that, these slow roasted rich dark beans offer less acidity and a nice balance of flavors.
- Another thing to take into account is the fact that the beans get into packaging almost immediately after roasting. It probably helps to hold onto the freshness.
- Furthermore, for optimal taste, the manufactures follow proven proprietary methods.
- Medium grind brings out more flavor.
- Less acidic flavor overall.
- Dark roasted beans offer the right amount of caffeine boost.
- The beans are a bit too oily. It may ruin the taste for some folks.
- The blend may be a bit bland for some espresso aficionados.
Kicking Horse Coffee, Cliff Hanger Espresso, Medium Roast, Whole Bean
Our next product comes from the manufacturers of Canada. The Kicking Horse Coffee beans are probably one of the most prominent products on the market right now. The medium roasted organic beans are rich and dark. Also, for a smooth and rich chocolaty flavor, it is probably a fine choice.
- Rich and dark beans offer impeccable tasting espresso without fail every time.
- Another thing to mention here is the strong taste. The beans offer a strong cup of espresso where the caffeine kicks in almost immediately.
- Finally, the beans certainly offer a bit rich chocolaty flavor, which is convenient.
- Smooth espresso with the certain promise of a rich cup of espresso.
- Medium roasted beans offer a strong taste due to the roasting technique.
- Organic beans with a certified fair trade.
- The roast may be a bit too dark and oily for some people.
- It is certainly disappointing that the aroma is not that strong.
Lavazza Super Crema Espresso – Whole Bean Coffee
The Lavazza Super Crema Espresso – Whole Bean Coffee beans is our next choice for the best coffee beans for espresso. The package seems to contain a Brazilian coffee blend and Milds of Central American along with the smooth Indonesian kind.
For a smooth cup of espresso with velvet like crema and super taste, you should probably consider it.
- The evenly roasted beans are not too dark and oily. They certainly offer the perfect balance of taste and creaminess.
- In case of preparations, you can get by if you are using finely ground or coarse ground coffee.
- Finally, the beans offer a rich experience with every cup of espresso.
- Evenly roasted beans with a slight dark hint on the outside may offer extremely satisfying flavor.
- May offer a slight European edge to the overall experience.
- Not too dark or oily.
- Packaging may not be satisfactory.
Koffee Kult Dark Roast Coffee Bean
Our final contender for the best espresso coffee beans is the Koffee Kult Dark Roast Coffee Beans. You may want to consider this option if you want that strong and smooth flavor. Aside from the breed, the beans are roasted in a specific manner to bring out the flavors even more.
To highlight the overall experience, the features are given below.
Features and Benefits
- First of all, the dark roasted beans come from Arabic coffee. Because of the 100% Arabic source, the flavors are bold yet less acidic.
- The beans are quickly packed for a no-compromise experience.
- Furthermore, for a strong cup of espresso, there is no competition. The roasting method allows for a much more immersive experience than any other brand currently available in the market.
- Solid taste without any sort of strong acidic flavors.
- Produced from highest quality beans around the world.
- Has that slight hint of chocolate flavor with almost no bitter taste.
- Due to the fact that the beans are not really organic, there may be inconsistencies.
- Some consumers have reported that the roast tastes like medium dark beans.
Who makes the quality espresso coffee beans?
You certainly know that there is a thin line between a cup of espresso and a cup of coffee. You can make espresso by forcing hot water through a puck full of freshly ground coffee. Again, we should probably remind you that a shot of espresso can indeed contain about 11 to 12% of dissolved coffee solids, whereas, in a cup of coffee, the amount is only about 2%.
But focus on the question we have. Who makes the quality espresso coffee beans? Well, there is a trick for answering the question.
We will present the answer by answering “What makes the best espresso beans”, to answer our question. Here are a few things to consider when hunting for the best coffee beans for espresso.
- First of all, you need to know that not all coffee beans are the same. Arabica and Milds can produce decent aroma and taste. But Brazilian beans are probably not far behind in this case.
- Roasted beans also have a classification. American roast or medium roasted beans are a sweet spot for espressos. But dark roasted beans may give you better results.
- Dark roasted beans should produce better espressos. Dark roasted beans are shiny and oily at first glance.
The manufacturers who understand the necessity of the previously mentioned points do have the ability to produce coffee beans which are truly meant for espressos.
Now, we are going to start our full review by introducing a comparison table for our readers.
How to Store Espresso Coffee Beans
Now that we have highlighted some of the best products in the market, it would be a waste not to store them properly. So, here are few simple tips to help you store your espresso beans.
- Use airtight containers for storage. As oxygen can make the beans obsolete, it is certainly the best practice. Also, chose a ceramic or glass container for containing the initial flavors.
- Heat can easily take away the flavors of the coffee beans. So, store your beans away from light. Storing them in a cool place will help hold the flavor.
- Don’t grind the beans unless you have to. Ground beans can lose their taste and aroma within 24 hours.
We have come to an end of our review for the best espresso coffee beans. We have tried our best to guide you in the right direction. We certainly hope that you will find the perfect beans for your taste buds. Good luck!